Monday, December 17, 2012

A Surprise trip to Minnesota

I recently got a chance to go back to the Twin Cities in Minnesota and visit some of my favorite places and find some new favorites. My last trip I had a great meal at Nyes Polish restaurant but this time I decided to try one of the many German places in the area. I settled on the Black Forest Inn,







The Black Forest posted on their web site that they have Christmas cookies during the Holidays and I wanted some Springerlys, which is a German cookie flavored with Anise. I also made it back to Caspers Cherokee steak house in Eagan which used to have a all you can eat Walleye and Prime Rib but that has ended and now they have some new offers. I had the $1 an oz Prime rib and it was delicious.

Next morning I went to The St Paul Cathedral and then to a nearby place for some Walleye






I found a Place called the Tavern on Grand which advertises the Best Walleye Sandwich in MN and it did not disappoint.
Tavern on Grand

I could not visit Minneapolis without going to The Mall Of America









If you have watched any Food network shows on MN then you know what a Juicy Lucy burger is. If you dont know, It is a burger with cheese cooked inside, I went to one of the original locations for it called Matts

I also made it to one of the newest locations to serve a Juicy Lucy. it is called the Blue Door Pub. Both of them were good.

Then I was off to downtown Minneapolis to see some Christmas sites. The Holidazzle  parade happens every weekend in December Thursday through Friday.












I had a great lunch at a long time St Paul favorite called Cossetta's Italian, they have a line for sandwiches and another line for Italian dishes and Had a nice Lasagna with a good and crusty bread stick.


Then one last trip to a chain called Chevys for a huge Mexican platter

No comments:

Post a Comment