Thursday, September 15, 2016

Shields Tavern Colonial Williamsburg

We had the good fortune to eat a meal at Shields Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg. this is a restaurant in a tavern from the 1700s that serves 18th century "inspired" food that the likes of George Washington might have eaten.

 Starting with a tasty locally brewed beer


I tasted some of this 
"Mr. Shields’ Apple Salat—Season Greens with chopped Apples, Blue Cheese, Golden Raisins, and
spiced Pecans with English Malt-Vinaigrette"
It was very tasty


My son went with the "Carolina-Style Barbecue Sandwich" and said it was some of the best he has had.


This is my "Roast Beef Swiss Dip" delicious comes to mind, a little heavy on the onions but they were good too.


Desert was the yummy "Caramel Apple Pie"


We even had some live music



I noticed Shields tavern has dinner plays on certain nights, we did not try that but it sounds interesting.


I would like to go back and spend more time exploring the history here, but I imagine a lot of people say that and then rush off to Busch gardens.


No comments:

Post a Comment