Saturday, June 23, 2012

New York New York

New York, New York!
I always wanted to see New York and I had 12 hrs to explore it so off I went. I had a pass to visit the 911 memorial at 5 but I got to town around 10 so I went walking. Using my Android phone and a Tripadvisor and Zagat app I started walking from the WTC to Batterypark and through a free Indian Museum then on to the Brooklyn Bridge.
















Once I got to the Brooklyn Bridge I had walked about 2 miles and I was doing good but I did not realize how far the ramp onto the bridge was. The walk across the bridge was 2 miles so once I crossed it I was ready to try the subway.
This is where you start the Brooklyn bridge walk




This is the Line to Grimaldis where I wanted to eat Pizza,
I opted to get a slice somewhere else






After getting back to Manhattan I headed to Chinatown for some lunch, The Dim Sum gogo was highly rated and I found out why. they have some tasty food for about $3 each 3 item plate




Then it was on to the 911 Memorial. I really wanted to see this after watching some of the documentaries last year for the 10 year anniversary of the attacks. This is a fitting tribute to those that died during the attack and it is a good place to reflect on what happened here.








The Survivor tree



After that I went to Times Square and stopped at the famous Grays Papaya and got the $4.50 recession special (2 dogs and a Juice drink)




Gildas Club

911 firehouse memorial


Pizza by the slice at Joes



No comments:

Post a Comment