Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pittsburgh, PA and Youngstown, OH

I had the pleasure of Spending 2 weeks in Pittsburgh, PA and Youngstown, OH.

Youngstown seems to be the place to get Ice Cream at a local chain called Handels. They have all sorts of flavors that are made everyday. I had the chocolate pecan which was really good.

I also tried a fish chain that got its start near here called Arthur Treachers, It was ok but basically like a Long John Silvers with a few more choices like baked potatoes. I walked through one of the local malls that had an interesting free aquarium in the middle of it.








Next onto Pittsburgh. Oddly enough one of my favorite things to eat was a fish sandwich at Wholeys Fish Market.






Inside the fish market

The Shoppes outside Wholeys on Penn Ave



I believe Pittsburgh is kinda like a mix of Chattanooga with the incline railway and New York with its distinct neighborhoods.






I had to try the famous Primanti's with a sandwich that has slaw and fries piled on it. This place has been on Man versus food and various other food tv shows. I thought it was ok but I am still on the fence on this one.




Next onto another Food Tv location, this time a Guy Fiere place that could be called a dive but the lasagna was fantastic.




I couldn't leave without trying the Hofbrauhaus. this is my 3rd in the state out of only 4 that are in the USA.



Did you know Brat means "fry" or "grill" in german? the wurst means sausage




Bratwurst Chili




No comments:

Post a Comment