Thursday, December 25, 2014

Willie Mae’s Springfield, TN

While doing some work in Springfield, TN I was getting hungry and just left the downtown area and when I rounded a corner I noticed a lady exiting a building with a to go order of food. I looked at the building and saw the Willie Mae’s BBQ sign. After a quick check on some review sites like UrbanSpoon and noticing almost all were 5 star I decided to turn around and give it a try. When you walk in the door you will notice that they used a Hickory Smoker, if you don’t smell it you will see it right behind the front counter.

Willie Maes Springfield (4)

Willie Maes Springfield (3)

I opted for the Brisket sandwich toped with coleslaw and with a side of Mac and Cheese

Willie Maes Springfield (1)

The Brisket was thick and juicy with a good smoked flavor and the Mac and Cheese was very cheesy I would definitely go back for more.

I had a nice talk to one of the owners and she said the stage in the back corner was one of the few things left from the previous owners.

Willie Maes Springfield (2)

200 8th Avenue East Springfield TN 37172
map
Willie Mae's Barbeque on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment